Settlements and Verdicts
- $1.3 million dollars obtained for an elderly woman sustained serious injuries ina fall caused by defendant’s negligence.
- $875,000 obtained for a 73-year-old male who suffered from bed sores and malnutrition while at a nursing home.
- $285,000 obtained for a 72-year-old woman who was improperly medicated while in a nursing home.
- $265,000 obtained for an 81-year-old woman who sustained broken bones while being transferred out of bed by a nursing home attendant.
- $135,000 obtained for an 82-year-old male who had not been provided necessary medication and did not have his wounds treated properly.
- $4 million dollar settlement in a premises liability case where negligent care was provided in the emergency room.
- Eye lasik surgery – settlement of defective eyelaser surgery claim $1.3 million dollars. The claim involved permanent injury to the patient as a result of the defects in the procedure and negligent follow-up care.
- $2.75 million dollar settlement for failure to property treat and diagnose a stroke victim.
- $2.4 million dollar settlement relating to a patient overdose.
- Brain damage sustained by child during childbirth due to loss of oxygen. Settlement valued at over $6 million dollars.
- Doctor’s failure to diagnose cancer for over one year resulted in a settlement just before trial of $750,000.
- Settlement of $675,000 for patient injured by an anesthesiologist during her open heart procedure.
- Doctor’s failure to diagnose Lyme Disease resulted in a settlement during trial of $250,000.
- $1.2 million dollar verdict for the parents of a stillborn child in Montgomery County. This verdict was obtained in a county where verdicts in excess of $1 million dollars are virtually unheard of. It involved a child whose mother was given too much Pitocin during labor causing excessive contractions, a uterine rupture and ultimately the death of the unborn child.
- Eye Laser Surgery verdict of $880,000. The case involved negligence of the doctor during an eye laser procedure which caused permanent visual damage and a loss of earnings.
Disclaimer: The results referenced above are not an assurance of future results in other cases as each case is different and must be decided on its facts and the applicable law.